Tuesday 27 February 2007

Spitfire Mk Ia - 1/48 - Tamiya

This is a Spitfire Mk Ia in 1/48 scale from Tamiya. I built this project for the Duel in the Sky campaign in Aeroscale web site in December 2006.
It´s a typical Tamiya OOB. All pieces fall toghether with ease. Very little putty was needed only in the upper cowling joins.
The figures are from ICM, they´re excellent, with very fine detail.
The cammo is the one used from Nov. 1940 on.
For painting the AC I used Model Master Enamels, for the figures I used Vallejo Acrylics (hand painted). Decals are from the kit.
I higly recomend this kit to everyone !
The aircraft is from 92 Sqn. - Biggin Hill - November 1940


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carlos, congratulations on your Spitfires. They are very well painted and finished. For me, the addition of the pilots and the dog added extra interest to the scene, bringing it 'alive'. Well done.
(I am a military modeller who does mainly figures).
Robin

Team RF said...

It' s a very good blog. Ando you are very able in model's costruction. Also I have a blog: mxrf.blogspot.com
Motocross it' s my passion but I love built this spectacular aircrafts. I had built Spitfire, Mustang, B-17, B-25, and many others. The last aircraft was the Italeri C-119. Visit my site, write soon and very very complimets!

Marcello from Italy.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.